Connect with us

Latest News

Police arrest 27 kidnap suspects in Nasarawa

Published

on

images 3 Police arrest 27 kidnap suspects in Nasarawa

Operatives of the Police Command in Nasarawa State have arrested 27 suspects for alleged armed robbery and kidnapping in the state .
Commissioner of Police in the state , Bola Longe , told newsmen on Monday that the suspects were arrested from different locations across the state within the last two weeks.
Longe , while parading some of the suspects at the Police Command headquarters in Lafia , said amongst the suspects were those connected to the killing of Amos Obere , head of Odu community in Nasarawa Local Government Area .
He explained that the suspected killers of the village head were arrested at a drinking joint in Nasarawa town where they were having fun .
He said the suspects also confessed to kidnapping some commuters in Loko village , who were travelling from Otukpo in Benue state to Abuja .
The CP said that the suspects behind the killing of a Superintendent of the Nigeria Immigration Service , Salisu Usman -Maku and his sister , Sa’ datu Usman -Maku, in Gudi, Akwanga Local Government Area , were also in police net .
Others in Police custody according to CP are the alleged kidnappers of Bishop Joseph Masin , state chairman , Christian Association of Nigeria.
He noted that seven firearms and several rounds of live ammunition as well as a vehicle were recovered from the suspects during the various operations .
Longe said, “ The command wants to assert unequivocally that the security of lives and property of every law -abiding citizen remains its priority and will not shy away from this constitutional duty .
“ In the light of this , we want to reassure the public of our avowed commitment to the realisation of this objective .
“ The police also want to appreciate members of the public , traditional rulers and other security agencies for their support and cooperation, which impacted positively on the police achievements in recent times. ”

Continue Reading
Comments

Sports

Wilfred Ndidi Sustains Abductor Injury , Could Be Out For Up To 12 Weeks

Published

on

114581343 gettyimages 1228560872 Wilfred Ndidi Sustains Abductor Injury , Could Be Out For Up To 12 Weeks

Leicester’s Wilfred Ndidi could be out for up to 12 weeks because of an abductor injury he sustained in Sunday’s league win over Burnley.
The 23-year-old missed Wednesday’s 2-0 Carabao Cup defeat to Arsenal and may require surgery.
“It is an abductor injury – it may have come off the bone which could be a nasty injury,” said Foxes boss Brendan Rodgers after the loss to the Gunners.
“We will wait to see if he needs an operation – if so it will be 12 weeks.”
Ndidi has been operating as a makeshift central defender for the Foxes so far this season in the absence of the injured Jonny Evans.
Leicester have won both of their league games this season, to leave them top of the Premier League on goal difference.

Continue Reading

Sports

Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes

Published

on

images 97 2 Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes

OFFICIAL: Chelsea complete the signing of Edouard Mendy from Rennes, with the goalkeeper joining on a five-year deal at a cost of £22 million ($29m).
The Senegalese international has penned a five-year deal at Stamford Bridge and will compete with Kepa Arrizabalaga and Willy Caballero for a starting spot between the posts in the season ahead.
After signing his long-term contract with the Blues, Mendy said: ‘I am so excited to be joining Chelsea. It’s a dream for me to be a part of this exciting squad and to work with Frank Lampard and all of his coaching staff. I look forward to meeting my team-mates and can’t wait to get started.’
On signing Mendy, Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia said: ‘As soon as Petr Cech and our technical team identified Edouard as the most suitable goalkeeper to complement our existing group, there was only one player we wanted to bring in. Edouard arrives following a season of real success with Rennes, he is ambitious for more, and we welcome him to our club.’

Continue Reading

Politics

Ondo Election : Akeredolu’s Commissioner , Others Defect To ZLP «

Published

on

images 96 2 Ondo Election : Akeredolu’s Commissioner , Others Defect To ZLP «

Mr Ilawole appreciated the governor for giving him the opportunity to serve the state in the capacity of a commissioner in the intervention agency.
Another top government official working with Governor Rotimi Akeredolu has resigned his appointment to join the Zenith Labour Party (ZLP), ahead of the October 10 Ondo governorship election.
The official is Bisi Ilawole., a Commissioner with the Ondo State Oil Producing Commission (OSOPADEC). He resigned his appointment with the State government on Tuesday.
In his resignation letter addressed to Mr Akeredolu, he appreciated the governor for giving him the opportunity to serve the state in the capacity of a Commissioner in the intervention agency.
“Sir, it is my profound gratitude for the rare privilege given to me under your administration to serve as a commissioner representing the good people of Ilaje Oil Producing Communities,” part of his letter reads.
After his resignation, he resigned from the All Progressives Congress (APC) and joined the ZLP, with his supporters.
Moreso, a two-time Chairman of Irele Local Government, Nicholas Akinbiola and Daisi Onetufo, a chieftain of APC, also defected to ZLP.
In addition, a former chairman of Ileoluji/Okeigbo and lawmaker representing the constituency, Folagbade Gbemibade dumped the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for ZLP.
Speaking after he received them at the ZLP Secretariat, the state chairman, Joseph Akinlaja, said the interest of the folks would be considered.
Last week, a reported show that a senior aide of Mr Akeredolu, Andrew Ogunsakin. resigned his appointment from the government, and threw his weight behind deputy Agboola Ajayi, ahead of the state governorship election.

Continue Reading

Trending