Connect with us

Sports

Kylian Mbappe Tests Positive For COVID-19

Published

on

114276796 gettyimages 1228362167 Kylian Mbappe Tests Positive For COVID-19

French football star Kylian Mbappe has tested positive for Covid-19 while on international duty, the French Football Federation (FFF) announced on Monday.
Mbappe took a test on Monday morning that returned positive, the FFF said, and was then isolated from the French national team. France is scheduled to play at home in Paris on Tuesday against Croatia in a UEFA Nations League match.
The 21-year-old is the seventh Paris Saint-Germain player to have tested positive for coronavirus in recent weeks. Neymar was reportedly among six others to test positive last week.
Mbappe played for France against Sweden on Saturday, scoring the only goal in a 1-0 win.
PSG are set to begin their domestic season on Thursday, but the availability of several of their players is in question following the spate of positive tests.
Angel Di Maria and Leandro Paredes joined Neymar in returning positive tests, their agency confirmed via e-mail to CNN last week. French media said the three teammates all tested positive after returning from vacation in Ibiza, Spain.
Neither the Paris Saint-Germain team nor Mbappe’s representatives have responded to CNN’s requests for comment about his test.
The forward played an instrumental role in helping France win the 2018 FIFA World Cup, and he was named “Best Young Player” of the tournament.
He led the club in scoring in the 2019-20 Ligue 1 season and helped them reach the UEFA Champions League final in Portugal last month, where PSG lost to Bayern Munich 1-0.

Continue Reading
Comments

Sports

Jesse Lingard to Tottenham transfer hinges on Dele Alli exit

Published

on

images 28 4 Jesse Lingard to Tottenham transfer hinges on Dele Alli exit

Jesse Lingard moving to Tottenham this transfer window hinges on whether or not Dele Alli leaves.


The Manchester United ace has been octracised from the group by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

After hiring Mino Raiola as his agent, Lingard has been looking at the exit door at Old Trafford.

A way back into the starting XI looks improbable, especially after the signings of Bruno Fernandes and Donny van de Beek.

Lingard had been linked with several Italian teams, including AC Milan, Fiorentina and Roma.

But that interest has died down after United slapped a whopping £30m price-tag on the England international.

With the transfer window eking out, it appeared likely that Lingard would be spending the season with United.

But Tottenham have emerged as shock contenders for his signature in the past few days.

The 27-year-old had played his best football under Jose Mourinho while he was in charge of the Red Devils and a reunion is on the cards.

However, Spurs already have a number of attacking players in the same position, including Giovani Lo Celso, Steven Bergwijn and Alli.

And unless Mourinho can shift one, the likelihood of Lingard joining remains slim.

According to transfer guru Fabrizio Romano, it is largely dependant on whether or not The Special One can offload Alli.

The former MK Dons star has suffered from a steep decline after a horror year that saw him suffer from injuries and poor form. With the arrival of Gareth Bale, there is no room for Alli and the club are trying to get him out before the transfer window ends.

Paris St-Germain are the most interested in his services with club officials keen on a deal.

Real Madrid had been notified but are opting against a transfer with their own house to get in order in terms of outgoing players.

Continue Reading

Sports

Man Utd ‘WON’T sign new defender this summer’ despite Crystal Palace horror show

Published

on

images 27 4 Man Utd 'WON'T sign new defender this summer' despite Crystal Palace horror show

Manchester United ‘have no plans to sign a centre-back during the current transfer window’ despite their defensive horror show against Crystal Palace.


Their first-choice central defensive pairing of Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof looked vulnerable to Palace’s pace during Saturday’s 3-1 defeat at Old Trafford.

With other options in that department including Eric Bailly, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Marcos Rojo, Axel Tuanzebe and Teden Mengi, United did not feel it necessary to prioritise another centre-back this summer.



And, according to The Athletic, those plans haven’t changed despite Palace exposing a significant weakness in that area.

That’s despite United reportedly being offered players who could potentially reinforce their defence.

Instead, United have concentrated on recruiting another midfielder, with Donny van de Beek arriving from Ajax for £35million, and a right-sided attacker.

However, negotiations over Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho have stalled with the clubs still in disagreement over the England star’s £108m valuation.

Continue Reading

Sports

Man City midfielder Ilkay Gundogan tested positive for COVID-19

Published

on

download 1 8 Man City midfielder Ilkay Gundogan tested positive for COVID-19

Manchester City have confirmed that İlkay Gundogan has tested positive for Covid 19.


Ilkay is now observing a 10-day period of self-isolation in accordance with Premier League and UK Government protocol on quarantine.

Continue Reading

Trending