Connect with us

Latest News

A Brief History of the Late Emir of Zazzau Alh Shehu Idris from 1936 to 2020

Published

on

38c2d3371672415fb4cd6b6b60d0a5bd 1600609977891 A Brief History of the Late Emir of Zazzau Alh Shehu Idris from 1936 to 2020

The late Emir of Zazzau His Highness Shehu Idris was born on September 20, 1936 in Zaria.

His father’s name was Malam Idris Auta, better known as Autan Sambo, and his mother’s name was Malama Aminatu Idris.

Malam Idris’ father was Muhammad Sambo who ruled as Sarkin Zazzau from 1879 to 1888, and Sambon’s father was Sarkin Zazzau Abdulkarimi who ruled from 1834 to 1846.

The late Sarkin Zazzau Shehu Idris started his religious studies in Zaria before joining the Elementary School from 1947 to 1950, during which time he lost his father when he was only 12 years old.

In 1950 he joined the Middle School in Zaria where he graduated in 1955 and then transferred to the Katsina Training College.

In 1958, he started teaching at Hurakuyi Primary School, where he taught in several schools in the Zazzau region.

He also served as the King’s Secretary in 1960, during the reign of Sarkin Zazzau Muhammadu Aminu.

In 1965. [9] to 1973 he was appointed Dan Madamin Zaria, and later he was appointed Head of Zaria.

The late Emir of Zazzau Shehu Idris became the Emir of Zazzau in 1975 after the death of the Emir of Zazzau Muhammadu Aminu.

On January 10, 2015, he organized a grand celebration to celebrate his 40th year on the throne, and on February 8, 2020, he celebrated another 45th anniversary on the throne of Zazzau.

In short he was the 18th King of Zazzau since the Jihad of Dan Fodiyo and came from the Katsina royal family, as it is known that there are three royal houses in Zazzau, the Katsina palace and the Mallawa palace and then the Barebari palace.

The emir died at the age of 84 on Sunday, September 20, 2020 at about 11am at the 44 Army Barack Hospital in Kaduna.

Continue Reading
Comments

#EndSars

#EndSARS: Obasanjo Blames Buhari, Says President Didn’t Explore Dialogue

Published

on

images 87 1 #EndSARS: Obasanjo Blames Buhari, Says President Didn’t Explore Dialogue

Obasanjo said the President and his lieutenants did not exhaust the opportunities for dialogue with the protesters before resulting to use of force.

According to him, Great harm has been done but it can be stopped before it completely spirals out of control.The presidency has not responded to Mr Obasanjo’s claim but had earlier said it was committed to meeting all the protesters’ demands.In the statement titled “Statement on Violence Against Protesters in Nigeria: An Appeal for Calm”, Obasanjo asked Buhari to act immediately and stop the use of force against the protesters.

He also appealed to the youth to give peace a chance and stop “targeting of individuals and groups for attacks and reprisal attacks,” and destruction of property.

He said “We are at a critical moment in this crisis and Mr. President must act before it is too late. This time demands leadership and mature leadership at such.

“Most of the demands of the protesting youth, which Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State swiftly took to the President, are not unreasonable and can be met without anyone’s political interest or ambition being threatened. It is imperative that leaders at all levels, starting from Mr. President, must demonstrate meekness, humanity and sincerity in meeting the legitimate demands of the protesters and ensuring that justice is served where it must be served. These are the most potent ways of ending this crisis now.

“The youth too must give peace a chance while making their legitimate demands. They must be mindful of miscreants who will infiltrate their ranks and give the protests a bad name only so that trigger – happy forces will kill them. The destruction and looting of public and private properties will hurt all of us and set us back. The targeting of individuals and groups for attacks and reprisal attacks will only further widen our divisions, escalate the crisis and threaten our fragile unity.

“This is yet another moment when our nation is on the edge of cliff. Our individual and collective actions now and in the next few days will determine where we will go as a nation. May God help us in taking the right steps in the right direction.”

Continue Reading

Local News

I’ll Assent To Death Sentence Penalty On Rapists, Kidnappers — Gov Sule

Published

on

images 86 1 I’ll Assent To Death Sentence Penalty On Rapists, Kidnappers — Gov Sule

He made the statement while flagging off a sensitisation programme for action against the spate of kidnapping and rape in the State.

Governor Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa State has disclosed that he is willing to sign into law death sentence for rapists and kidnappers, should the state Assembly come up with such a law.

He made the statement while flagging off a sensitisation programme for action against the spate of kidnapping and rape in the State.


According to him, “If the State Assembly come up with a law to make death sentence as a penalty for rapists and kidnappers, I will sign that death sentence into law.

” I will append my signature for death sentence passed on any perpetrator of rape and kidnapping considering the devastating effects of the acts on the economy of the state.

” Every State in the country has its peculiar security challenges, rape and kidnapping are the burden of this state.

“It is high time to consider a stiffer penalty for rapist and kidnappers to serve as a deterrent to others.” He said.

Governor Abdullahi Sule call on the people who were affected by any form of Police brutality and extrajudicial killings to report to the Commission of Inquiry set up by state government.

In his speech, with the theme “Kidnapping and Rape: Implications and Challenges for Economic Development in Nasarawa State,” Executive Director, Nigeria Centre for Women, Youth and Community Action, Dr Nawani Aboki called for proactive steps towards enforcement of laws against rape and kidnapping as part of measures towards ending the menace.

He stressed the need for traditional and religious leaders in the state to take the lead in sensitizing parents and victims of rape to expose perpetrators of the act with the view to getting Justice.

The participants called for continuous collaboration between government and relevant agencies in the fight against rape and the rising spate of crimes in the state.

Continue Reading

#EndSars

Two Killed, DPO Injured As Police, Protesters Clash In Ogun

Published

on

images 85 1 Two Killed, DPO Injured As Police, Protesters Clash In Ogun

A Divisional Police Officer, (DPO), SP Sikiru Olugbenga equally sustained injuries, while his whereabouts remain unknown as of the time of filing this report. The daring protesters had early on Wednesday, stormed Atan-ota police station and set it ablaze.

This, it was learnt, resulted in a clash between the police and the protesters, leading to the death of the DCO and a protester.

The Spokesman of the Police Command, Abimbola Oyeyemi confirmed the development in Abeokuta, saying some arms were carted away during the attacks.

He expressed regret that “the hitherto peaceful protest embarked upon by youths across Ogun State is, unfortunately, taking a dangerous violent dimension as some people with ulterior motives are now using the opportunity to commit all sorts of heinous crimes.”

Oyeyemi quoted the Commissioner of Police, Edward Ajogun to have appealed to the youths to stop the carnage and allow the government to address the situation.

He said “In view of this, the Commissioner of Police Ogun State Command is appealing to the youths to eschew violence and embrace peace as violence will do no one good.

“He is equally appealing to traditional institutions, parents and other critical stakeholders to prevail on the youths to stop this carnage and give the government a chance to address the situation.

“The youths are reminded that since the commencement of the protests the police have been nice and civil to them even when some of our men were injured and our stations damaged.. We even went ahead and released all the 36 suspects we arrested.

“However if in the course of handling the protests anybody feels offended we plead understanding and not retaliatory measures including killing and maiming policemen and burning and damaging police stations.

“We will ensure that justice is served any aggrieved person. Please and please let us continue to embrace peace rather than violence. The Command sincerely appeal to the youths. Parents and guardians are also enjoined to help rein in their children and wards.”

Continue Reading

Trending