Connect with us

Latest News

OFFICIAL: Barcelona complete the signing of Sergino Dest from Ajax

Published

on

images 2020 10 02T065920.751 OFFICIAL: Barcelona complete the signing of Sergino Dest from Ajax

Barcelona have confirmed the signing of United States international defender Sergino Dest from Ajax.


The deal sees the Catalan club pay an initial transfer fee of 21 million euros, plus a potential 5m euros more in add-ons.

Bayern Munich had emerged as contenders in the market, but Barcelona’s tight relationship with Ajax saw the right-back move to the Camp Nou.What attracted the Blaugrana to the 19-year-old was his attacking qualities, registering two goals and six assists last season.

Dest arrives to replace Nelson Semedo, who recently departed for Wolves, in Ronald Koeman’s squad.

The teenager, who insisted on joining Barcelona this month, can play either as a right-back or a left-back.

Born to an American father and Dutch mother, Dest earned his first cap for the US national team in 2019.

Continue Reading
Comments

Medical

113 New Covid-19 Cases , 345 Discharged And 3 Deaths On October 27

Published

on

images 85 2 113 New Covid-19 Cases , 345 Discharged And 3 Deaths On October 27

113 new cases of #COVID19Nigeria;
Lagos-51
FCT-15
Plateau-11
Kaduna-8
Oyo-8
Rivers-8
Ogun-4
Edo-2
Imo-2
Kwara-2
Delta-1
Kano-1
62,224 confirmed
57,916 discharged
1,135 deaths
Highlights
On the 27th of October 2020, 113 new confirmed cases and 3 deaths were recorded in Nigeria
Till date, 62224 cases have been confirmed, 57916 cases have been discharged and 1135 deaths have been recorded in 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory
The 113 new cases are reported from 12 states- Lagos (51), FCT (15), Plateau (11), Kaduna ( 8 ), Oyo ( 8 ), Rivers ( 8 ), Ogun (4), Edo (2), Imo (2), Kwara (2), Delta (1), Kano (1)
A multi-sectoral national emergency operations centre (EOC), activated at Level 3, continues to coordinate the national response activities

Continue Reading

Local News

13 Die In Kaduna – Kano Road Crash

Published

on

images 97 2 13 Die In Kaduna - Kano Road Crash

No fewer than 13 persons were on Thursday confirmed killed in a car accident along Kaduna-Kano express way.
Several passengers also sustained various degrees of injuries in the accident involving a Kano bond Macopolo luxurious bus and four other vehicles.
Our correspondent gathered the crash occurred around a village called Jar-marmara in Ikara local government area of Kaduna.
An eye witness, who identified himself as Mallam Sani Haruna, told our correspondent: “The luxurious bus lost control and colided with four cars, in which 16 people died on the spot. The four cars were condemned.”
It was gathered the luxurious bus left Lagos heading to Kano on Monday evening before the crash in the early hours of Tuesday few kilometres to its destination.
Our correspondent learnt many of passengers on the luxurious bus, who sustained various degrees of injuries were rushed to the hospital for treatment.
Kaduna Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps FRSC, Hafiz Mohammed, confirmed the incident and the casualty figure to our correspondent.

Continue Reading

#EndSars

Kwara Governor Meets Owners Of Businesses Affected In Friday’ s Looting

Published

on

images 96 2 Kwara Governor Meets Owners Of Businesses Affected In Friday' s Looting

Kwara Gov meets owners of businesses affected in Friday looting and assures them of govt’s support to recover_
Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has met with owners of the businesses affected in the Friday looting of public and private properties, assuring them of government’s support to get them back on stream.
AbdulRazaq had earlier announced N500m recovery funds to assist businesses affected in the incident.
In a meeting with owners of the businesses late Monday, the Governor urged them to register on the state website as they had earlier been advised and said modalities are in place to ensure that only people with genuine cases benefit.
“Your sector is really important to this government. That is why we decided to engage you when we saw what happened to bring you back as quickly as possible,” he said, reiterating that small and medium scale businesses are key to economic development.
“On our part we have the modalities for what we want to do. That is why we asked you to go to the website and fill the form. We mentioned a number as the amount to assist you. It could be more than that. It may be lower than that. But that is the benchmark. When we look at the data you send in and your claims, we will decide who to give grant to and those we will give interest-free loan to.
“We are also talking to one or two banks to make funds available for interest-free loans, with long term repayment plans.”
He condemned the attempts to politicise the incident from some quarters, adding that whatever political ambitions anyone may have are achievable only in a stable and peaceful environment.
Commissioner for Communications Harriet Afolabi-Oshatimehin also sympathised with the business owners and assured them of government’s support to get back to business.
“The incident is of great concern to the government. Such habit is not known with our state, Kwara. The government will continue to engage the affected business owners of the appropriate method of securing the assistance of the state government,” she said.
The meeting was also attended by former House of Representatives member Moshood Mustapha and businessman Alhaji Janni Ibrahim who both sympathised with the victims and announced a donation of N1m each for the victims.
Mustapha described the looting as an economic sabotage against the state and insisted on the government bringing the looters to book.
He commended the Governor’s handling of the situation which has brought the state back to normalcy within two days.
Ibrahim, for his part, lauded the Governor for the prompt response and sincere commitment to healing the wounds of the victims.
He urged the business owners to stand firm and not be deterred by the looting and destruction of their properties.
Speaking on behalf of the business owners, Ahmed Lawal Ahmed appreciated the governor for his prompt intervention. He said the government’s intention to make fund available for them is a strategic move to restore their glory.
He requested the government to include some of their members in the disbursement committee to ensure coordination and transparency.

Continue Reading

Trending