Connect with us

Sports

Cristiano Ronaldo Tests Positive For Coronavirus

Published

on

2020 10 13T150200Z 1559774199 RC2RHJ9H1ED3 RTRMADP 3 HEALTH CORONAVIRUS RONALDO Cristiano Ronaldo Tests Positive For Coronavirus

Juventus and Portugual striker Cristiano Ronaldo has tested positive for coronavirus, according to the Portugal Football Federation.
He was expected to play for Portugal on Wednesday against Sweden in the Nations League but will now self-isolate, and is currently showing no symptoms.
He will also miss games for Juventus until he returns a negative test for the virus.
The 35-year-old forward’s international teammates have all returned negative tests.
Italy now requires 10 days of quarantine, and Juventus are due to play Barcelona in the Champions League in 15 days.

Continue Reading
Comments

Sports

Champions League: PSG’s Verratti, Paredes to miss Man United clash

Published

on

images 26 4 Champions League: PSG’s Verratti, Paredes to miss Man United clash

Paris Saint -Germain will have to do without midfield duo Marco Verratti and Leandro Paredes for their Champions League group- stage opener at home to Manchester United on Tuesday , coach Thomas Tuchel has confirmed , but captain Marquinhos could return.
Verratti suffered a leg muscle injury on international duty with Italy and could be sidelined for up to three weeks , sports daily L ’Equipe reported .
Paredes injury a thigh muscle playing in Friday ’s 4 -0 win at Nimes in Ligue 1 .
In addition , Argentina striker Mauro Icardi is absent with a knee problem , while the defensive pair of Thilo Kehrer and Juan Bernat are also on the sidelines .
However, speaking to reporters on Monday , Tuchel said Brazil centre -back Marquinhos and Germany ’s Julian Draxler had been back in training .
“ I hope that they will be able to play for us tomorrow ( Tuesday ) , ” said Tuchel, who also has Portugal midfielder Danilo Pereira available for the first time after arriving on loan from Porto.
He was unable to feature against Nimes after having to isolate due to being in contact with international colleague Cristiano Ronaldo , who tested positive for Covid-19 .
Angel Di Maria is also free from a domestic suspension as last season’s Champions League runners – up take on the side who dumped them out of the competition in the last 16 in 2018 / 19 .
The sides are in Group H alongside RB Leipzig and Istanbul Basaksehir .

Continue Reading

Sports

Guardiola challenges Aguero to earn new Man City deal

Published

on

skysports sergio aguero pep guardiola 5141752 Guardiola challenges Aguero to earn new Man City deal

Pep Guardiola says Sergio Aguero must earn a new contract at Manchester City even though he is the club ’ s all -time record goalscorer .
Aguero , who returned from a four -month spell out with injury in Saturday ’ s 1 -0 win over Arsenal , has entered the last 12 months of his existing deal .
The Argentine has scored 254 goals for City and been a major part of four Premier League title triumphs , including his famous last -gasp winner in 2012 .
However, Guardiola , who is also in the final season of his deal , believes the 32 -year – old needs to prove his fitness and form in the coming months .
“ The important thing is that Sergio comes back in good physical condition , starts to get his rhythm, doesn ’ t get more injuries and plays good ,” Guardiola said.
“ We know what he means for us, we know how we appreciate him , but now he has to show like every one of us, me first, that we deserve to continue here and playing good and winning games .”
Aguero played a key role in City ’s goal against Arsenal , driving forward to feed Phil Foden , with Raheem Sterling finishing after Bernd Leno could only parry the midfielder ’ s shot.
But he was also involved in a moment of controversy in the second half when he put his arm on the shoulder of assistant referee Sian Massey -Ellis .
The image provoked a wave of criticism of the striker, but Guardiola defended his player ’ s actions.
“ Come on guys. Sergio is the nicest person I ever met in my life , ” he added . “ Look for problems in other situations, not in this one .”

Continue Reading

Sports

Pickford could still be given a three-match ban for reckless tackle on Van Dijk .

Published

on

34538034 0 image a 1 1603034436472 Pickford could still be given a three-match ban for reckless tackle on Van Dijk .

The goalkeeper scythed down the Liverpool centre-back in the first-half of the 2-2 draw at Goodison Park but was not penalised for the challenge as Van Dijk was caught offside by the Video Assistant Referee (VAR).

Van Dijk was forced off the pitch immediately with the injury and match referee Michael Oliver and VAR official David Coote opted not to look into the incident as a dangerous challenge.


But according to The Mirror, the Football Association could still award the England international goalkeeper a three-match ban if they go back to look at the decision.

Current regulations state that the FA can give out bans for decisions missed by the match referee, and that rule extends to the VAR official.

The FA will wait to hear from referee Oliver’s match report from the Merseyside derby before deciding whether the official had missed the incident in question.


Pickford stayed on the Goodison Park and made some crucial saves in the second-half to keep Everton in the game while they were 2-1 down.

The Toffees, managed by Carlo Ancelotti, managed to claw their way back to level the match late on, while Liverpool were frustrated even further by VAR as the Premier League champions were denied an injury time Jordan Henderson winner by a marginal offside call on Sadio Mane.

Van Dijk, meanwhile, could be ruled out for an extended period, though Liverpool slammed claims made by beIN Sports presenter Richard Keys that the Dutch centre-half has suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury.The defender has been pivotal to Liverpool’s rise under Jurgen Klopp and was ever-present as the Reds lifted their first Premier League title in 30 years last season.

Liverpool took the lead after three minutes in the Saturday lunchtime kick-off through Sadio Mane but Michael Keane’s header brought Everton level in the first-half.

Mohammed Salah put the Reds back in front after the interval but in-form striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin headed Everton level in the closing minutes of the match.

Continue Reading

Trending